Business & Legal Resources
Online Resource Tutorials
The Garland Libraries offer on how to use many of our online resources. Learn how to use Value Line, Mango Languages, Testing and Education Reference Center, Chilton Auto Repair and many more. Also included are tutorials on , , , , , , , and .
We have grouped several resource together to make them easier to find:
|Genealogy & History|
|Finance and Investments||Alphabetical List|
The Small Business Handbook provides a comprehensive overview of business planning, registration, requirements and financing. The Handbook also identifies programs and organizations supporting entrepreneurs and small business owners throughout the state of Texas. This handbook is intended to provide general guidance and assistance to those interested in developing or further expanding their business in Texas and beyond. It is not intended to be construed or relied upon as legal, accounting, or other professional services or advice. More info:
- The premier Reference, Research, Marketing, Mailing Lists/Sales Leads, People Search, and Job-Search Database. http://my.nicheacademy.com/nmls/course/1153
- Actual business plans compiled by, and aimed at, entrepreneurs seeking funding for small businesses. Presents sample plans taken from businesses in the manufacturing, retail and service industries which serve as examples of how to approach, structure and compose business plans.
- Provides resources for start-ups, small business owners, and entrepreneurs.
- Provides news, articles, and research on global business.
- Morningstar Investment Research Center is an easy to navigate database that is designed to help library patrons reach their investment goals. It’s the one-stop tool for collecting financial information, getting reliable portfolio analysis, learning about investment options, and getting the most up-to-date financial news commentary.
- Business and Legal, Finance and Investment
- Accurate and insightful investment research on companies, industries, markets and economies for beginning investors and veterans alike.